Wow people are using the tool! Since people have started using it in their environments I have been getting great feedback, please keep it coming!
- The tool does indeed require .Net 3.5 (the .DLL complained of this when I was compiling in 2.0 but I ignored it, turns out that it really does want 3.5, fails out when you only have 2.0)
- The tool currently only works for R2. I will be releasing a version that works with SP1 here shortly as someone provided me with the .DLL files from a SP1 environment. The problem seems pretty straightforward.
- A Web based version is going to be created. My goal with this tool is that our techs can run this from the server as they are working on it. The problem is that we cannot upgrade our servers to all run .Net 3.5, so, to satisfy this requirement I am going to be turning it into a web app. The good news on this front is that it is a requirement from the company I work for so I can do this update during normal business hours!
- A SP1 forms based version will have to be created / maintained separately. As I do not have a SCOM environment to test it against, I will try coding it but will be relying on the SP1 people to let me know if it is working or not!
- Because I am going to be implementing a Web Based tool I will be able to implement ‘scheduling’! Look for the next version to have a ‘Schedule Maintenance Mode’ button!